Quick Specs :::Creator(s): Qisan
Price Range: $40+
Build Options: Kit, Built
Switch Compatability: MX
Key Stagger: Standard
Lighting Options: In Switch LEDs, None
Programmability: DIP Switches
First Appearance: Unknown
Where to Buy
- ~$40 on Amazon - White Case Non-backlit w/ Outemu Brand Switches
- ~$70 on Amazon - White Case Backlit w/ Cherry Brand Switches
- ~$63 on Amazon - White Case Backlit w/ Gateron Brand Switches
- ~$63 on Amazon - Black Case Backlit w/ Gateron Brand Switches
- Get a matching Numpad with it ~$30 on Amazon - Black Case Backlit w/ Gateron Brand Switches
MassDrop - With Typewrite Style Keycaps- ENDED
- $50 on AliExpress - DIY Build Kit
- $60-$80 on AliExpress - Built w/ Kaihl Brand Switches
Build Guides / Albums
- Unboxing Album by /u/planetperki
How to Program
DIP Switch Explanation by /u/Neralo on Reddit :::
Let me translate what I can. First time playing with tables, so excuse any formatting issues.
First off, lets take a look at the DIP Switches
DIP Switch Function Function when off Function when on Switch 1 Swap Caps Lock and Left Control Button's function normally. Caps is Caps, left Ctrl is left Ctrl Buttons functions switched. Caps Lock = Left Ctrl, Left Ctrl = Caps Lock Switch 2 Swap Win Key and Fn Keys function normally, Win is Win, Fn is Fn Key Functions switched, Win is Fn, Fn is Win. Switch 3 Lock Win Key Win Key unlocked, pressing it opens start menu Win Key locked, will not do anything.
This next section is for the escape key functions. Note that the combination FN+Q will switch the functions slightly. Its noted in the table below.
Key Combination Normal Result After Fn+Q Just ESC ESC ` Shift+ESC ~ ~ Fn+ESC ` ESC
Finally, lets look at the Fn Layer properly.
Key Combination Function Key Combination Function Fn+W Polling rate 20C/S Fn+; Home Fn+E Polling rate: 40C/S Fn+/ End Fn+R Polling Rate 60C/S Fn+Page Up Home Fn+1 to = F1 - F12 Fn+Page Down End Fn+Z Launch default media app Fn+O Print Screen/SysReq Fn+X Play/Pause Fn+P Scroll Lock Fn+C Stop Fn+[ Pause Break Fn+V Previous Song Fn+] Calculator Fn+B Next Song Fn+Up arrow Increase LED Brightness Fn+N Volume Down Fn+Down arrow Lower LED brightness, keep pressing to turn them off Fn+M Volume Up Fn+Left Arrow On/Off LED Breathing Mode Fb+< Mute Fn+Right arrow LED Breathing mode speed
Feel free to let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know, or if you've got other questions.
Source: I own the magicforce 68, and I'm fluent in mandarin.
See Original Post on Reddit.
Mods & Addons
- Sticker Bomb & Case painting by /u/koduh
- Sticker Bomb by /u/thedoqtor
- Highprofile Walnut Woodcase w/ Built in wrist wrest by /u/YucA305
- Stickerbombing Video by /u/zimizimi
- Replace the PCB and make your MagicForce fully programmable via QMK! More info here
- Another way to make your MagicForce fully programmable is to handwire it to a Andruino Micro. More info here
- Overwatch Pro "Saebyeolbe" uses a MagicForce68 w/ Typewrtiter caps while playing